Healthcare Assistants Ireland
IHR are actively seeking Healthcare Assistants for our client in various locations throughout Ireland. We are looking for caring, empathetic, and reliable Healthcare Assistants to join our client’s team on a full-time basis.
The Healthcare Assistant works as a member of a team delivering care to patients and residents of our nursing home client. You will be supporting the nursing staff and team in delivering quality person-centred care to meet the needs of residents, getting to know residents’ interests and needs providing attention, support, and companionship. You will be required to promote the mobility of residents, supervising and assisting as necessary to ensure optimum mobility is maintained and improved where possible.
Other requirements of the role:
- The resident’s personal appearance/hygiene needs to be assisted with.
- Assistance to eat/drink and achieve physical comfort.
- Excellent communication between patient’s family and staff, also developing & maintaining good relationships.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Nurse in Charge and management.
- FETAC/QQI Level 5 qualification or equivalent in Healthcare and Care of the Elderly. If not completed, a willingness to undertake the necessary training and qualification.
- Experience working in a healthcare setting.
- Excellent communication skills with a positive approach.
- Caring and empathetic nature.
- Team player.
- Fluent level of English both written and oral (OET/IELTS are preferred but not required).
- 2nd or 3rd year nurses also eligible to apply.
Responsibilities of the Healthcare Assistant:
- To work as part of a team of Healthcare Assistants, under the direction of the nursing team.
- To provide quality person-centred care to meet the needs of residents with privacy and dignity.
- To promote a caring environment for residents through high standards of professional practice.
- To provide high standard services as specified in agreed care plans and to contribute to the continual review of residents’ needs.
- Free recruitment process.
- Competitive salary.
- Full relocation assistance (banking set up assistance, flight bookings, meet, greet and transfers on arrival, accommodation).