Director of Nursing
IHR are now offering an experienced person with previous exposure in a management capacity to fill the position of Director of Nursing for our Nursing Home clients in Dublin, Galway and Mayo.
The Director of Nursing is responsible to direct and coordinate the management of the nursing home, establish, and maintaining a high level of residential care and activities in accordance with the best national and international practices and within available resources. Coordinate the management of all staff in establishing and maintaining the standards as set out by Statutory Regulations. Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
Reports to: Management Team
Duties & Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Undertake the Director or Nursing role and responsibilities in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations, and HIQA National Quality Standards.
- Oversee the organization, management, and operations of all aspects of the Nursing Home in coordination with the management team.
- Provide leadership and clinical supervision to all staff thus improving standards and maintaining high morale amongst the team.
- Use leadership styles that have a positive impact on staff morale and the Nursing Home environment.
- Establish and maintain through high standards of professional practice, a caring environment that is conducive to the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual individual needs of the residents.
- Contribute to the safeguarding of residents, taking steps to protect residents from any form of abuse or neglect, and use the appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the relevant parties of any concerns.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care.
- Specific shift requirements will include being available for on-call work.
Education & Qualifications:
- Third Level Degree in Nursing.
- Registered with NMBI and hold an active PIN.
- Current and valid Infection Control, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling, Medication Management, CPR, Dementia, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
- Post-registration qualification in healthcare management or equivalent is essential. In the absence of such a qualification, the appointee will be required to undertake such training.
- Post-registration qualification in Gerontology or Dementia Care is desirable.
Skills & Experiences:
- Minimum three years of previous work experience in a management capacity is essential.
- Minimum three years experience in nursing older people within the last six years.
- Minimum six years’ post-registration nursing experience.
- Proven clinical competence and passion for delivering outstanding care to older people.
- Full Irish Driving Licence and access to own transport are essential.
- Pension plan option.
- Discounted accommodation is provided for the possible relocation of the candidate.
- On-site parking.
- Salary is 70-100k however is negotiable depending on experience to date.